Who We Are
|Vice Chair/Treasurer:||David Scott|
|Planning Correspondent:||Jim Ptolomey|
|Health & Waste Management Correspondent:||Heather Wright|
|Roads Correspondent:||Robert Dunn|
|Youth Members:||Eva Mailer
What We Do
Primarily, we represent and promote the views of the community of Killearn as necessary. From our constitution, the objectives of KCC are:
- to ascertain, co-ordinate and reflect the views of the community which it represents, to liaise with other community groups within the area, and to fairly express the diversity of opinions and outlooks of the people;
- to express the views of the community to the local authority for the area to public authorities and other organisations;
- to take such action in the interests of the community as appears to it to be desirable and practicable;
- to promote the well-being of the community and to foster community spirit;
- to be a means whereby the people of the area shall be able to voice their opinions on any matter affecting their lives, their welfare, their environment, its development and amenity.
How We Do It
We hold ten meetings a year. Meetings are open to all local residents and members of the public, who are invited to raise matters of concern, voice opinion and contribute to discussion.
If you wish to raise any matter or ask a question, you can contact us or also raise the matter in person at the meeting during the Question Time agenda item.
We can only function as a community council if we are aware of the community’s view of a topic, so we rely on your communication or participation.