Next meeting: Wednesday 20th September, 8:00 p.m. in the Primary School.
We have heard that a production company is intending to film scenes for a children's TV programme in Killearn. The first scene would be filmed between approximately 1630 and 1900 on Monday 25th September on Crosshead Road. The second would be on Tuesday 26th September at The Square, between Main St and the junction of Balfron Rd and Crosshead Rd between 1530 and 1830,
The company have asked for permission to operate a STOP/GO traffic management system at these times.
If anyone has any comment on any aspect of this, please contact us.
Roads: The Roads Report for September is available.
The Planning schedule for June-September is available.
- Drumbeg Loan: Resurfacing. 11th-15th September 2017 between 08:00 and 18:00. Detour via A81, B834, A875.
- A81 between Balfron Station and Ballat: Aqueduct repair works. 19th September-15th December 2017. Detour via B834, A809, A811. Scottish Water have supplied a postcard-style information document.
Stirling Council's July Community News Sheet is available.
Police: The police have passed on the following information, and remind us all of the importance of securing vehicles and houses.
There was a theft of a motor vehicle from an address in Killearn at the weekend. This is still being investigated. When door to door enquiries were being carried out by officers it was worrying to notice that a lot of the houses where the enquiries were being carried were insecure. This included houses and vehicles in drives. The house where the vehicle was stolen from was insecure and keys stolen for the car from the house.
Development at Blairessan
Following the January meeting the draft response has been upgraded to an objection to the Blairessan planning application. This has now been sent to Stirling Council.
KCC has prepared a draft response to the Blairessan planning application, for discussion at the January meeting.
A privately commissioned report on road and traffic issues relating to the Blairessan development is available.
Mactaggart & Mickel have now submitted their planning application. Full planning application details are available on the Stirling Council planning portal
- Report of the Community Panel's meeting with Mactaggart and Mickel on 16th November 2016
- Document of answers given to KCC questions at Mactaggart and Mickel's public meeting in September 2016
- Mactaggart and Mickel's revised draft plan for the Blairessan development (October 2016)
- Final interim document of feedback, collated from Mactaggart and Mickel's public consultation event and KCC's April meeting (May 2015)
- Mactaggart and Mickel's display boards from public consultation event, Tuesday 29th March (very high quality, large download)
To receive Updates on Blairessan and other KCC information, please join our mailing list.
Killearn Hospital Site Development: