Next meeting: Wednesday 16th May, 8:00 p.m. in the Primary School.
- Adopted minutes of March meeting
Police: The Police Report for April is available.
Broadband: The April update is available.
Roads: The Roads Report for Apr is available.
Rural Tourism Infrastructure Fund: The rural tourism infrastructure fund was launched in 2017, to encourage communities to look at projects focused on improving the visitor experience in rural parts of Scotland e.g. parking, recycling etc. Guidelines for the fund have been updated as of 28 March 2018 and applications from local authorities/collaborative groups are invited:
- The deadline for initial expressions of interest is 27 April 2018
- The deadline for final application is 27 July 2018
For further information please contact the team at RTIF@visitscotland.com
Walking Netball: Stirling Council is organising walking netball classes with two free sessions starting on Friday 20th April. See the poster for more details.
- Closure of Kerse Bridge, Stirling – Update March 2018: Network Rail will now close the Kerse Bridge from Monday 16th April. More detail is available in a poster and their March monthly update.
- A81 between Balfron Station and Ballat - Update 9/3/2018: Scottish Water have information on their website stating that the aqueduct repair works will be completed during the week beginning 7th May 2018. The road closure and diversions will be removed at this time. With permission of Stirling Council, Scottish Water are working seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to complete the repairs.
- A81 between Balfron Station and Ballat: Aqueduct repair works. 19th September 2017 -
15th December 2017Spring 2018 (Note extension). Detour via B834, A809, A811. Scottish Water have supplied a postcard-style information document.
Balfron Co-op Car Park: There seems to be some confusion over parking in the car park next to the Balfron Co-op. Signs on the wall of the Coachhouse Inn indicate that the adjacent spaces are private parking for customers only. However, these signs have no legal force since the car park is jointly owned by the Co-op and Stirling Council, and can be ignored.
Killearn Community Council now has a Facebook page!.
Stirling Council's March Community News Sheet is available.
The Planning schedule for February-March is available.